Monday, July 22, 2013

Cashew Macaroons for Anna


Cashew macaroons from Mangalore bakeries have always been my brothers favorite for a very long time....When I was a kid I could never pronounce 'macaroon'......I used to call them 'McEnroe'(yup the famous angry tennis player).

I will be seeing my brother after a year today.....and these are for him.....Welcome Anna......I hope you enjoy these McEnroe's.


Ingredients
  • 60 grams Egg white (2 eggs), room temperature 
  • 130 grams fine Powdered sugar or super fine Caster sugar 
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
  • 60 grams Cashew-nuts , chopped

Method
  1. Take a super clean dry bowl (I mean it...super clean,not even a drop of  water), add in the egg white...just the white(I mean it...not a drop of yolk). Keep an electric beater ready,the blades/whips have to be super clean and dry (you know I mean it) .
  2. Preheat oven at 100 degree C, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  3. Beat the egg whites on high speed for 2 minutes, gradually add in the super fine sugar 1 tbsp at a time till all the sugar  are incorporated .Beat for 10 more minutes or till smooth and glossy and stiff peaks are formed.Add vanilla essence and beat.
  4. Slowly add the chopped cashewnuts(reserve little to sprinkle on top) and fold slowly and carefully with a spatula.
  5. Using a spoon or in my case a cookie scoop ,drop the batter on the prepared baking sheet.Sprinkle cashew on top and bake.Believe me it took 1hr and 30 minutes to bake these macaroons,maybe because they were big,just keep and eye on them.You will see liquid oozing out while baking,but thats fine,it will crystallize and few may ever crack....but they will still taste great.
  6. Remove from oven and let it cool completely ,store in air tight container.

2 comments:

  1. macaroons looks delicious and nice presentation

    ReplyDelete
  2. can u give the measurements in cups????instead of grams.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...